We want everyone to get FutureFit, so we've created a range of packages and resources to support everyone on their journey to reduce their impact. Whether you are a small business or large corporate looking for ways to engage your staff in sustainability, or a community group or teacher wanting to challenge whanau or friends to get involved, FutureFit has something for you.
FutureFit in business - for corporates
To help corporates embed low carbon behaviour, we have gone one step further by developing FutureFit in business, a staff engagement tool for large New Zealand businesses. Particularly those who are signatories to the Climate Leaders Coalition and have made a public commitment to measure and reduce their emissions.
FutureFit in business enables you to engage your employees to undertake low carbon behaviours. A comprehensive package assists with planning your launch and keeping staff engaged over time. The ability to create teams introduces a competitive edge, and a business-wide leader board lets staff to see how they are tracking within the organisation. Full details about the corporate offering can be found here, along with a short video showcasing FutureFit.
Your 12-month user license includes the following benefits:
- A customised FutureFit page
- Corporate reporting dashboard
- Launch strategy and communications collateral
- Onboarding and support
- 12-month activation plan and sustained programme support
If you would like to know how FutureFit could benefit your workplace, and to enquire about pricing for your bespoke corporate package, please contact Nao.Guy@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
Get your staff FutureFit
New Zealand businesses can use FutureFit for free to engage staff with climate change and reducing their carbon footprints. We encourage small and medium enterprises to access our FutureFit support resources, which include downloadable posters below and communication templates here.
There are lots of easy things you can do to promote FutureFit in your workplace:
- Email your colleagues inviting them to discover their carbon footprint and take action to reduce it.
- Talk about FutureFit in your team or department meetings encouraging colleagues to take part.
- Include an article in your internal newsletters.
- Create a team and invite your colleagues to join – then compete against other Aucklanders on the team leaderboard.
- Hold a lunchtime learning or event to engage people with the tool. You may like to bring local vegetarian kai or focus on a specific theme i.e. transport, food, power or living.
- Run a 4-week challenge for your workplace where teams compete against each other to see who can save the most carbon/has the lowest carbon footprint/completes the most actions. Prizes are a great incentive to encourage people to take part.
- You may like to socialise the topic of climate change and carbon footprints before your challenge starts. Here is a short video that you could include.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about FutureFit could benefit your workplace please contact Nao.Guy@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
Several councils across New Zealand have declared a Climate Emergency, while many more are actively looking at ways to reduce carbon emissions. In collaboration with the GenLess initiative, the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is extending access to FutureFit for all New Zealanders until the end of June 2021(supporting per user SMS text/email reminders).
FutureFit for councils is a climate action resource to enable Councils to embed low carbon behaviour within their communities. FutureFit can be used as an effective local tool to support council sustainability and carbon reduction programmes. The online tool provides a stepwise journey for residents, demonstrating that small changes, when collective, can have a meaningful impact.
The FutureFit for councils programme includes a suite of resources to assist with embedding FutureFit in your region according to your wider climate strategy.
To get you started, you may like to check out a few sample resources. Here is a poster with space to include your council's logo and an email template to help you spread the word. Other resources available include a carbon footprint explained and FutureFit highlightsvideo.
If you’re interested to learn more about the programme and how FutureFit for councils can work in your region, please contact Nao.Guy@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
Get your Community Future Fit
FutureFit is a great way to get your community, friends and family engaged in taking action to reduce our carbon footprint. It gives you an instant snapshot of your impact on the planet and, because everyone's footprint is different, FutureFit provides personalised actions and reminders. This helps you to turn your intention into action and track your progress to reduce your impact in an easy and fun way. FutureFit shows how all our individual actions add up to make a collective difference to our emissions.
Ideas for introducing FutureFit to your community:
- Gather some friends, provide some vegetarian local kai or host a clothes swap... invite everyone to register on FutureFit and answer the questions before the event; then spend time choosing actions or set up teams when you meet up.
- Set up a FutureFit whanau challenge - families or neighbours set up teams and compete to see who can reduce their footprint the most or the fastest over a set ti me. Share how you are getting on and how you can support each other to make changes - e.g. buying food collectively, carpooling, sharing tools, or testing new recipes.
- Host a FutureFit competition or set a collective goal to reach - award weekly or monthly prizes to those who join in, e.g. who has reduced the most carbon, completed the most actions, or reached their goal.
- Put up some posters or set up a FutureFit display encouraging climate action at your local community centre, library, school or workplace - this could be around a specific types of actions or local services e.g. bike repair hubs, energy saving tips, how to reduce waste, growing food at home or find your local community garden.
Resources for you:
- Watch 'Your carbon footprint explained'
- Watch FutureFit video
- Share or request FutureFit theme posters (6) - Download our posters below
- For more ideas and support check out Auckland Council's Live Lightly community toolkit resources or visit www.livelightly.nz
Contact us at hello@LiveLightly.nz if you'd like more information on community activations or a presentation on FutureFit.
Students get FutureFit
FutureFit is a great resource for teachers and students alike. This interactive online tool is more than your average carbon calculator. Students are able to save their carbon footprint scores, set goals and team up with their classmates and friends to see the impact we can all make together.
This simple yet powerful tool will not only give students their carbon footprint, it helps ease climate anxiety, supports students to set up specific goals and actions to support life-long environmentally responsible behaviour.
We don't currently offer a tool that calculates a school's carbon emissions, but we'll keep you posted as we continue to develop in this space. Check out Enviroschools, your local council, or www.tki.org.nz for sustainability teaching resources or support.